Did you unsubscribe from the altex RSS feed? Here's why (probably)
According to a recent posting on Problogger here are the main reasons why people unsubscribe from RSS feeds (see below).
What surprised me is that “too many posts” was the main reason…not too few, or poor quality content.
I guess that shows you can blog too much.
* Too many posts (the post levels are too overwhelming)
* Infrequent Posting (or the blog is effectively dead)
* Partial Excerpts Feeds
* Blog Changes Focus (too much off topic posting)
* Too many posts that I see elsewhere (Redundant, Repeated or Recycled News)
* Uninteresting Content
* Irrelevant Content
* The Blogger’s Ego – Too much self promotion
* Low Quality Content –
* Too many posts that are too long
* Negative blogging
* Feed Errors – Especially when a Feed Reloads the latest 10-20 posts every time
* Offensive Content/Personal attacks/Discrimination
* ‘infomercials’ (too much selling)
* Blog Titles that Don’t Tell what the post is about
* No or Poor Formatting in posts
* My own interests as a reader change
* No Longer Useful or Valuable
* Too many links in the text and not enough content